Support: MDF ennobled with MELAMINIC PAPER or PVC.
- Preparation of the support with insulator for paper:
- LDA004 cat. 50% with LCB004, dil. 50% with LZD091
- 1-2 hours later at room temperature :
- Application of 1 coat of PU transparent sealer:
- LBA168 cat. at 50% with LCB185 dil. 15-30% with LZD091
- About 2-4 hours later, preferably the day after, sanding with 280-320 grain paper.
- Possible application by spray of walnut patina (or on demand colour) and brush with metal wool or scotch-brite
- LAT range diluted with water or alcohol
- MATT TOP-COAT : application of transparent PU top-coat:
- LFA49x range cat. at 50% with LCB185 dil. 20-30% with LZD091, one coat by spray
- GLOSSY TOP COAT: sand with 400 and 600 grain paper. Apply the glossy transparent PU top-coat:
- LGA209 cat. at 100% with LCB070 dil. 20-30% with LZD083, one or two coats by spray spaced out of 3-4 hours without intermediate sanding
- The application of LBA168 sealer is suggested to obtain a better appearance. The possible application of a mat or glossy top-coat directly on the insulator for melamine papers does not jeopardise the adhesion of the system on the support.
- The use of alternative, but similar to LBA168, PU sealer does not compromise the adhesion of the system on the support.
- VERY IMPORTANT: considered the great variety of melamine papers and PVC it is strictly recommended to test the adhesion of the system on the involved support.
- NUOVA S.I.V.A.M. can guarantee just the characteristics of the supplied products: in this case the adhesion insulator LDA004
The use of alternative, but similar products to the ones mentioned in this working cycle does not jeopardise the final result. The evaluation based on costs, drying time, verticality, etc. can be influenced by different commercial or technical reason.