Support: solid wood or MDF with different veneers.
- Preparation of the support with dye of the Makolor range diluted with water or solvent
- LAMxxx dil. 1:x with water/solvent. Application by spray or by wiper
- The kind and the percentage of water or solvent depends from the requested colour
- Application of PU sealer: 2 or 3 coats spaced out of about 1 hour, according to the kind of veneer:
- LBA148 cat. at 50% with LCB185 dil. 20-30% with LZD091
- About 12 hours later, or the day after, once having sanded with 280-320 grain abrasive paper
- Application of a brushable patina, wherever requested:
- LATxxx (range) dil. 1:x with water or alcohol – application by spray and brushing with metal wool after about 1 hour at room temperature.
- MATT TOP COAT: Application of transparent PU top-coat:
- LFA49x range cat. at 50% with LCB185 dil. 20-30% with LZD091, one coat by spray
- In case an higher resistance to scratch might be requested (for ex. top of kitchen or desk) it is recommended the use of the top-coat of LFA42x range in alternative to LFA49x.
- GLOSSY TOP COAT: sand with 400 and 600 grain papers. Apply the glossy transparent PU top-coat:
- LGA209 cat. at 100% with LCB070 dil. 20-30% with LZD083, one or two coats by spray spaced out of 3-4 hours without intermediate sanding
The glossy top-coat can be brushed and polished 2-3 days after the last application with specific products.
Treatment of exotic woods and fine-line veneering
- For the painting of very deep pores veneering and for the treatment of exotic wood (fine line, wenguè, teak, etc.) it is suggested the application of an universal insulator, directly on the raw or dyed support taking care of wetting the pore very well. After that proceed with the cycle as described above
- LDA001 cat. at 100% with LCB173, dil. 20-40% with LZD091 one or more coat
The use of alternative, but similar products to the ones mentioned in this working cycle does not jeopardise the final result. The evaluation based on costs, drying time, verticality, etc. can be influenced by different commercial or technical reason.
For the peculiar use of each product follow the data contained in the relevant Technical Data Sheet or ask for further information to the Laboratory